Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Athens smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total command of your Athens home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Athens do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review live or saved video from all linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Athens by setting schedules or creating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The home screen will post a message if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the above steps. You will then confirm you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Athens
Even though many users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, simply go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you want to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Athens home security system. Contact (706) 800-8603 to get started.