Online ordering and daily deliveries have become a way of life for countless residents. You love the ease of having goods left in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those packages sitting in the open are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real problem, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they provide a lot more.
Take a minute to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Athens video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps improving. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and obtain immediate notifications whenever something arrives.
The easiest way to see how a Athens video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous benefits it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading theft with warnings that can be seen and heard. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of people at your door and packages on the walkway below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- High-resolution footage any time of day: What’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and challenging to see? The best models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can receive instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and boxes.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody standing at your main entry? Reciprocal audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You might even use this helpful feature to frighten off people lurking around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will allow you to minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the chance to view live and archived video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to access them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even permit you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.