What to do to cut down on false alarms in Athens
False alarms are a real concern for your home’s security. Not only are they a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they can also erode the faith you have in your alarms. Thankfully, you are able to do some things to minimize false alarms from your Athens home security system.
First, make sure that your devices connected properly. This process may appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s common that overlooked mistakes result in false alarms. Next, keep an eye on possible culprits of false alarms, including a back door that might be left unsecured mistakenly. And finally, feel free to use the various options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Athens.
Might it be really that easy? Read on and discover for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Athens are avoidable
Just like you would address any issue, the first thing to do is review the manual. Ensure all devices are set up appropriately from your end by:
- Running a system analysis with your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually check each device to ensure it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to make sure that your system isn’t arming at inopportune times.
- Make sure all new smart devices are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your system.
Reach out to your customer service agent if you still have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Athens system. They'll gladly dispatch a trained expert to check your system.
Inspect your windows and doors
When your system seems to be OK, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your windows and doors tightly secured, or do you find some mistakenly ajar? If an entrance remains unlatched, it could trip a motion sensor. If your family constantly forgets to secure an entrance, you can implement a smart lock that secures automatically when your home security is engaged. Sadly, windows require extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have a family member who enjoys to sleep with a cracked window. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to deactivate that device while still guarding the remainder of the residence.
Home automation tends to be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Athens
One of the best techniques to lessen the probability of false alarms is to integrate smart home automation into your home security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms caused by absentmindedly unlocking doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disarm when your smart lock is activated with the proper code.
- Use geotracking to arm your system as you exit the property, then turn off when you return.
- Get cell phone alerts when your devices notice uncommon activity or need a fresh battery.
- Connect your home security to a smart home speaker, so you may turn your system on or off without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Athens with a Vivint smart home
An enhanced level of command over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, reach out to (706) 800-8603 or complete the form below.